Saturday, September 29, 2012

Stem Cells yet again

This article is especially interesting to me as it describes what i have been dealing with for the last 3 years.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/09/27/reverse-aging-scientists-find-way-to-make-old-muscles-young-again


My body had been wasted by disease and treatment.  i was unable to pick up a 13 inch (al) skillet due to wrist pain.  At 54 and desperate, I went to a Doctor who was not "mainstream".  He looked at my blood "Live" via darkfield microscopy.  What was notable is that all the blood cells looked like 4 pointed throwing stars (shiruken) and not particularly lively.

After treatments (focusing on operation scars, notably ACL rebuild scars) that included (pig) stem cells, i knew within two days i had been fixed .. "deep".  It was 3 or 4 days before i told anyone i thought he REALLY fixed me.  I would have guessed my physical age at the time (largely on the state of my metasternum) at well over 70.  I weighed maybe 145 pounds down from about 185.

Due to expense i could not continue to visit the Doc, so i obtained stem cells (the ones already used on me) from Europe in a dicey way.  I have taken a vial (oral, sub-lingual) on the average of every two months (more earlier, last one was a few months ago) for about 3 years now.

I had to come up with new terms for the feelings involved.. "regrowing pains" is probably the best.  It has been a terrible anatomy lesson.  But the gain has been tremendous.
I can now lift the damn skillet, and the dutch oven too.  I'm also up to about 160 now and working on the larger muscles.
And damn me if my muscles don't feel young and springy.

Why is this not more mainstream in America?




No comments:

Post a Comment